And you thought they were only for the gym. The padlock, once donned by Sex Pistol Sid Vicious, is the accessory of the moment. Once and Again’s Shane West wore one at a recent premiere, while Prada, Coach, and Louis Vuitton use them on handbags. Christian Dior offers padlock jewelry, while Hermes created padlock clocks for their Kelly watches. ”A lot of designers are turning quirky or ordinary household objects into fashion statements,” says Charlene Dixon of the NYC boutique Hedra Prue, which sells sexy padlock bracelets ($25) and necklaces ($30) from designers Young + Devine. ”Plus, fashion is inspired by street looks, and we have a lot of bikers and messengers in New York.” Not to mention hardware stores.
Posted April 5 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big