Lucy’s lodge! 3 BR, 1.5 BTH home in upstate New York PRICE Unconfirmed, but the asking price was $98,500. Lucille Ball’s childhood home – on Lucy Lane in the small town of Celoron, N.Y., about 70 miles south of Buffalo – was sold to an avid Lucy fan from Florida. Although the house was open to bidding on eBay (the website featured Madonna’s childhood home last August), the buyer learned about it on the Today show. Built in 1890, the house has some original fixtures, including the staircase, bathtub, and most of the woodwork (real estate broker Bruce Turner repped the sale). Ball lived there in the 1920s. Her daughter, Lucie Arnaz, made an initial verbal bid for the property, which Turner says was too low. The new owner plans to use the property as a summer home.
Posted April 12 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'