Lucy’s lodge! 3 BR, 1.5 BTH home in upstate New York PRICE Unconfirmed, but the asking price was $98,500. Lucille Ball’s childhood home – on Lucy Lane in the small town of Celoron, N.Y., about 70 miles south of Buffalo – was sold to an avid Lucy fan from Florida. Although the house was open to bidding on eBay (the website featured Madonna’s childhood home last August), the buyer learned about it on the Today show. Built in 1890, the house has some original fixtures, including the staircase, bathtub, and most of the woodwork (real estate broker Bruce Turner repped the sale). Ball lived there in the 1920s. Her daughter, Lucie Arnaz, made an initial verbal bid for the property, which Turner says was too low. The new owner plans to use the property as a summer home.
Posted April 12 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- Hollywood responds to 'Last Tango in Paris' rape scene controversy
- Ezra Koenig gives John Lennon's 'Imagine' a 'Seinfeld'-themed makeover
- Morrissey cancels remaining tour dates
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big