All too quickly, David Fincher’s adrenalized, characteristically gruesome thriller, about a wealthy, divorced woman (Jodie Foster) and her daughter (Kristen Stewart) hiding out from a trio of trespassers in the secret lockdown room of their Manhattan town house, abandons the interesting premise of New York City urban threat for an average, violent cat-and-mouse game. The three intruders arrive with personalities as broad as vaudeville, while Foster’s character changes from intriguing, uptight divorcee to generic gonna-make-it-after-all woman who can swing a mean mallet in self-defense. C+
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jodie Foster, Forest Whitaker, Jared Leto, Kristen Stewart, Dwight Yoakam; Director: David Fincher; Author: David Koepp; Release Date Wide: 03/29/2002; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted April 12 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing