Time hasn’t diminished The Band’s uniqueness or mythic mystery, as this luxurious four-CD boxed set documenting The Last Waltz, the group’s final concert at San Francisco’s Winterland in 1976 demonstrates. Remastered, and featuring a plethora of bonus material not available on the 1978 soundtrack album to the Martin Scorsese film of the same name, it might be described as an embarrassment of riches. A-list guests like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and Joni Mitchell add to the feeling that The Band went out on a high note. The whole thing leaves us tickled pink, big time.
(The Last Waltz: Kobal Collection)
Genre: Rock, Soundtracks; Guest Performer: Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young (Musician); Producer (group): Warner Bros.
Posted April 15 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- World Series: Cubs fans dress for 'Back to the Future'-style outcome
- Stanley Tucci explains why to vote using 'The Three Little Pigs'
- Mark Wahlberg's 'Patriots Day' to close AFI Fest
- Bill Murray shares adorable childhood photo proving his Chicago Cubs fandom
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo