What’s an f’d company? One that winds up on the infamous dotcom ”deadpool” site F—edCompany.com. That’s where Kaplan, using his nom de Net, Pud, chronicles the demise of the Internet economy with help from nearly 4 million monthly visitors, including journalists and CEOs. His eviscerations of the 150 companies in F’d Companies: Spectacular Dot-Com Flameouts point out such obvious shortcomings that you’ll be amazed anyone ever invested in them (example: Flooz.com, which attempted to replace credit cards and cash with virtual ”Flooz” bucks). You’ll also wonder how a self-deprecating computer programmer who possesses all the expletive-filled charm of Joe Pesci in ”GoodFellas” wrote a book that business-school grads will be reading in droves.
F'd Companies: Spectacular Dot-Com FlameoutsWhat's an f'd company? One that winds up on the infamous dotcom ''deadpool'' site F---edCompany.com. That's where Kaplan, using his nom de Net, Pud,...F'd Companies: Spectacular Dot-Com FlameoutsFiction, Science and Technology, NonfictionPhilip J. KaplanWhat's an f'd company? One that winds up on the infamous dotcom ''deadpool'' site F---edCompany.com. That's where Kaplan, using his nom de Net, Pud,...2002-04-17Simon & Schuster
Genre: Fiction, Science and Technology, Nonfiction; Author: Philip J. Kaplan; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!