Set in British-controlled India circa 1893, the recent foreign-language Oscar nominee centers on a village whose members rally to stave off an astronomical land tax by engaging in?a cricket match. The nearly four-hour movie (at $6 million, the most expensive in Indian history) is already available Stateside on video and DVD.
(Lagann: Hardeep Sign Sachdev)
Posted April 17 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake has 2016's best-selling album and single on iTunes
- 'The Good Fight' gets February premiere date
- 'Switched at Birth' season 5: Who's the man in Bay's life?
- The new trailer for 'Fifty Shades Darker' has arrived
- Michael Moore explains Donald Trump's strength in the Rust Belt
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Stephenie Meyer's 'The Chemist'
- Amazon names best-selling books of 2016
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem