Bilbo Baggins himself, Ian Holm, plays Napoleon (and a Napoleon impersonator) in a fantastical ”What if?” romance. The premise: Instead of dying in exile in 1821, the diminutive dictator secretly moves to Paris, where he attempts to reclaim his authority. But his quest for power is soon stymied when he falls for a fetching widow (”High Fidelity”’s Iben Hjejle).
(The Emperor's New Clothes: Philippe Antonello)
Posted April 18 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?