Slide Black Knight into your VCR or DVD player only if you’re feeling drowsy. Martin Lawrence, playing modern man gone medieval, will be just the boring, warm milk to put you to sleep. The unchivalrous Lawrence accidentally jumps to the 14th century and ends up battling an evil king, wooing a lovely chambermaid, and saving England. The plot turns shouldn’t surprise anyone who’s ever seen a movie before. If you must, see ”Knight” to chuckle at Tom Wilkinson, whose presence here is a reminder of some of the questionable parts he accepted before his Oscar-nominated In the Bedroom role.
(Black Knight: Nicola Goode)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Martin Lawrence, Tom Wilkinson; Director: Gil Junger; Author: Darryl Quarles; Release Date Wide: 11/21/2001; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted April 19 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Isis King is 'the Kate Moss of the trans models' in 'Strut' finale clip
- Watch: Chad returns on 'Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After?'
- Taylor Swift celebrates 10-year-anniversary of debut album with photo
- 'The Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz says cast lied to protect secret
- 15 Halloween episodes you can watch on Netflix
- Emma Caulfield's TV Diary: How to process a 'Walking Dead' death