Flowers? They’re wilting. The butterfly has taken flight as the season’s favorite fashion motif. The winged insect has touched down on the designs of Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton, Versace, Nicole Miller, and Swarovski. And original butterfly Mariah Carey isn’t the only celeb who’s got the bug. Britney Spears wore a Matthew Williamson butterfly-embroidered dress to January’s NRJ Music Awards in Cannes, while Cameron Diaz wore Gucci butterfly-strap heels to the recent SAG Awards. And look for Debra Messing’s butterfly hair clip in the Woody Allen comedy Hollywood Ending. What’s the appeal of the heavenly creatures? ”[It’s] a youthful, spirited, very feminine motif,” says Williamson. And clearly one that sets hearts aflutter.
Posted April 19 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat