Flowers? They’re wilting. The butterfly has taken flight as the season’s favorite fashion motif. The winged insect has touched down on the designs of Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton, Versace, Nicole Miller, and Swarovski. And original butterfly Mariah Carey isn’t the only celeb who’s got the bug. Britney Spears wore a Matthew Williamson butterfly-embroidered dress to January’s NRJ Music Awards in Cannes, while Cameron Diaz wore Gucci butterfly-strap heels to the recent SAG Awards. And look for Debra Messing’s butterfly hair clip in the Woody Allen comedy Hollywood Ending. What’s the appeal of the heavenly creatures? ”[It’s] a youthful, spirited, very feminine motif,” says Williamson. And clearly one that sets hearts aflutter.
Posted April 19 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale