Frailty (100 mins., R) Bill Paxton stars in and directs this sturdy, religio-nutso B horror thriller. It’s a twisted bonding movie about a good widowed Texas daddy (Paxton) who loves his two sons so much that he shatters their childhood innocence when a nighttime vision compels him to enlist his boys in the business of destroying demons by hacking folks to death. Matthew McConaughey, reveling in scruffiness, plays one of the now-grown sons, who narrates a complicated pattern of flashbacks to Powers Boothe, happily hamming it up as a skeptical FBI agent. B
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Bill Paxton, Powers Boothe; Director: Bill Paxton; Author: Brent Hanley; Release Date Wide: 04/12/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted April 26 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'