”To those who tirelessly took their kit off for the enjoyment of the cinemagoing public I salute you!” cheers Sheridan, kicking off an enjoyably tireless survey of the randy soft-core sex comedies that were a British staple during the ’60s, ’70s, and ’80s. Lavishly and lasciviously illustrated with dirty pictures and racy posters, his cheeky history is at its drollest when recapping the films themselves: proper Jane inherits a nudist camp from her granddad; Edwin loses his tackle and gets ”The Swingingest Transplant Ever!”; a ”sexplorer” from Venus lands in Piccadilly Circus in the form of a topless German chick. So this is where Austin Powers is coming from. B
Keeping the British End Up ''To those who tirelessly took their kit off for the enjoyment of the cinemagoing public I salute you!'' cheers Sheridan, kicking off an enjoyably...Keeping the British End UpNonfictionSimon Sheridan ''To those who tirelessly took their kit off for the enjoyment of the cinemagoing public I salute you!'' cheers Sheridan, kicking off an enjoyably...2002-04-26
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Simon Sheridan
Posted April 26 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big