Curiosity may have killed the cat, but along the way, it became the inspiration for this website, designed with the obsessively inquisitive in mind. Whether you’re looking to unlock the mysteries of fireworks or FireWire, there’s a good chance you’ll find your answers here. And futurists should appreciate the technical prognostications in the ”How Stuff Will Work” section. The site’s anything-for-dummies format and (sometimes too) elaborate descriptions are guaranteed to make learning ”How Car Engines Work” easier, and less messy, than a couple hours under the hood. Perfect for anyone looking to wow ‘em at the coffee machine (see ”How Coffee Makers Work”).
Posted May 3 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kim Kardashian resumes filming 'KUWTK' after Paris robbery
- Tom Hanks or Bill Murray? The Internet struggles to decide
- Howard Stern: Graphic interviews reveal 'who Trump is'
- Ben Affleck makes plea to New Hampshire voters in hilarious video
- 'Pure Genius': Augustus Prew teases show's upcoming love triangle
- Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed
- Patton Oswalt on his wife's death: 'Grief is an attack on life'
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like