At the Nancy Davis 9th Race to Erase MS gala and charity auction May 10, the event’s theme, Peace and Love, inspired fashion straight out of That ’70s Show. Looking totally mod were Aaron Spelling (who partied with two of his ex-Angels, Jaclyn Smith and Cheryl Ladd), John Ritter (very Jack Tripper in a Western suit), Tony Danza, Kathy Griffin, and Brooke Shields and Joely Fisher, both of whom raided their moms’ closets for flashback threads. Oddly, one guest who looked decidedly un-retro was That ’70s Show star Ashton Kutcher. ”I wear ’70s all day long, man – not tonight,” he said. The stylish celebs got down to business, raising money for the foundation started in 1993 by Davis (daughter of former Twentieth Century Fox owner Marvin Davis). Popular auction items, like a sitting with artist LeRoy Neiman (nabbed by Jon Lovitz for $21,000), and two fantasy luge spots at the Olympic village in Lake Placid (purchased by Montel Williams for $16,000), helped bring in $2.5 million. As for the evening’s theme, Davis noted, ”With where our world is right now, the idea of going back to a time of peace and love – even for one night – just seemed comforting.”
Posted May 24 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- 'The Flash' winter finale will change the direction of the show
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- Ja Rule, Ashanti reunite for mesmerizing performance of 'Helpless'
- 'Chicago P.D.': Get an exclusive first look at Nick Wechsler's debut
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday