AT THE MOVIES, audiences spend $55.7 million over the Memorial Day weekend to see the new Godzilla (left) trample Manhattan. ON TV, the season comes to a close as two episodes of Frasier lead the Nielsens while the series finale of Murphy Brown lands in third. IN MUSIC, the Garth Brooks set The Limited Series debuts at No. 1. AND IN THE NEWS, a stoic Monica Lewinsky marches past the press hovering outside L.A.’s Federal Building, where she provides forensic evidence for Whitewater independent counsel Kenneth Starr’s probe of President Clinton.
Posted May 31 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Simon Pegg talks 'Star Trek Beyond' with an ISS astronaut
- Missing backup dancer found safe after Rihanna’s emotional plea
- 'Uncharted' movie picks up Shawn Levy to direct
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy's EW blog: Pro gives advice to those still in the game
- Seth Rogen, more to dine on 'Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party'
- Kevin Curran, Emmy-winning 'Simpsons' producers, dies at 59
- 'The Goldbergs' staging 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' reunion — exclusive
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop