Stephen Trask, cocreator of ”Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” wants you to know something: Gina Gershon can really sing. Trask’s latest project is acting as music supervisor for the soundtrack album of the upcoming film ”Prey for Rock & Roll,” which stars Gershon as the leader of Clam Daddy, a struggling female rock band. Gershon proved to be so proficient a frontwoman that she will handle all her own vocals on the album, as well as in the film. ”Gina is a real natural, just fantastic,” says Trask. ”She very quickly adapted to what the music called for, which was a classic kind of ’80s hardcore-punk style. I think she could definitely do other albums and have a career in music.” Joan Jett and Iggy Pop will appear as themselves in the flick, which will begin shooting in L.A. this July. As for the album, Trask says there is no label deal in place yet, but he’s confident that ”someone will pick it up. Gina is a very marketable person.”
(Gina Gershon Illustration by Eric Palma)
Posted June 6 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!