AT THE MOVIES, Sandra Bullock has a hit with the family dramedy Hope Floats (left), which opens to a $14.2 million gross. ON TV, with most prime-time shows in reruns, three games in the Bulls-Pacers NBA play-off series lead the weekly Nielsens. IN MUSIC, the soundtrack to the Nicolas Cage-Meg Ryan weeper City of Angels rises to No. 2 on the Billboard chart in its seventh week. AND IN THE NEWS, computer problems plague the Mir, thus threatening a mission by shuttle Discovery to the ailing Russian space station. Eventually abandoned, it would plummet to the earth in 2001.
Posted June 7 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Edge of Tomorrow 2' is 'a sequel that's a prequel,' director says
- Destiny's Child fans freak out over new official Instagram account
- Preview Stephen King's children's book 'Charlie the Choo-Choo'
- Leslie Odom Jr. performs Sara Bareilles’ powerful election anthem
- 'This Is Us' star Chrissy Metz on Kate's reveal about Jack
- Kid Cudi responds to Drake diss: 'Say it to my face'
- Critical Mass: 'Inferno' burns out