What can a diva get away with? Just about anything. At least according to folks at VH1’s Divas Las Vegas. The May 23 concert, hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, featured Cher, Mary J. Blige, and Cyndi Lauper, among others, and attracted such guests as Tommy Lee, who came with squeeze Mayte (Prince’s ex), David Hasselhoff, and AJ McLean. ”We did hear rumors that Janet Jackson and Celine Dion ask for brand-new toilet seats [in their hotels],” says Dixie Chick Emily Robison. Fellow Chick Natalie Maines chirped in: ”Squattin’ gets hard on the road.” But Dion poo-pooed any bad behavior: ”I don’t even know what diva means.” Backstage chatter centered on Whitney Houston, who was said to be AWOL from the previous night’s rehearsal (though a spokeswoman for VH1 says Houston was scheduled to be at a Thursday rehearsal only, and she was). As for her duet partner Blige, her take on the diva thing may be the best: ”If I ever start acting like [one], please let me know…. This is all temporary.”
Posted June 7 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big