”Every dream has its price,” zooms the tag line, but this insipid attempt at ”My Own Private Idaho” (with exec producer Gus Van Sant, no less) is too costly for what it’s worth. Wannabe racer Johnny (Jesse Bradford) is sidetracked trying to make a fast buck in Vegas. He befriends a gay hustler (Jordan Brower), who in turn introduces him to a posse of misfits (including a Eurotrashy Jonathan Taylor Thomas as the baddest streetwalker of them all). Forced and almost laughably self-serious, ”Junky” could really use a fix.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jesse Bradford, Jordan Brower, Daryl Hannah, Patsy Kensit, Tiffani Thiessen, Jonathan Taylor Thomas; Director: Nickolas Perry; Author: Nickolas Perry; Producer (person): Gus Van Sant; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Regent Entertainment
Posted June 14 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: 'True Memoirs of an International Assassin' exclusive clip
- Alessia Cara debuts new 'Moana' song written by Lin-Manuel Miranda
- New Music Friday: 8 releases you need to hear now
- Steven Yeun already has a new gig after 'The Walking Dead'
- What to Watch This Weekend: 'Tracey Ullman's Show' premieres
- Lady Gaga changes lyrics to ‘Trayvon Angel’ at final Dive Bar Tour set
- Classic horror movies get the David S. Pumpkins treatment