Chris Rock plays mouthy black foil to the phlegmatic whiteness of Anthony Hopkins as a crusty old CIA agent, and Rock almost — almost — saves Bad Company, an ungainly, schizophrenic, odd-couple comedy-thriller, from entropy. At any rate, director Joel Schumacher and producer Jerry Bruckheimer (speaking of odd couples) owe the gifted comedian big time for remaining shrewd even when undermined by the story’s inherent stupidity: Rock helps save the world, literally, from suitcase-bomb nuclear terrorism far too anxiety-provoking in the first place for comedy these days.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Anthony Hopkins, Chris Rock, Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon, Adoni Maropis, Kerry Washington; Director: Joel Schumacher; Author: Jason Richman; Producer (person): Jerry Bruckheimer; Release Date Wide: 06/07/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted June 21 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Maya and Marty': 5 thumbs up moments from NBC's variety show premiere
- 'SNL': Matthew McConaughey is a bad Lando in 'Star Wars' auditions
- 'Person of Interest’ death is TV’s latest lesbian fatality
- 'Biggest Loser' producers: Illegal drug use claims ‘without merit and false'
- Jay Z hits back at conservative Beyoncé critics in new Pusha T song
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' release date pushed back
- Gina Rodriguez fulfills fan's prom dream with her Golden Globes dress
- See The Voices Behind Your Favorite 'Finding Nemo' Characters
- The Best 'Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' Jobs
- Disney Classics Making New Magic On Screen
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot