Chris Rock plays mouthy black foil to the phlegmatic whiteness of Anthony Hopkins as a crusty old CIA agent, and Rock almost — almost — saves Bad Company, an ungainly, schizophrenic, odd-couple comedy-thriller, from entropy. At any rate, director Joel Schumacher and producer Jerry Bruckheimer (speaking of odd couples) owe the gifted comedian big time for remaining shrewd even when undermined by the story’s inherent stupidity: Rock helps save the world, literally, from suitcase-bomb nuclear terrorism far too anxiety-provoking in the first place for comedy these days.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Anthony Hopkins, Chris Rock, Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon, Adoni Maropis, Kerry Washington; Director: Joel Schumacher; Author: Jason Richman; Producer (person): Jerry Bruckheimer; Release Date Wide: 06/07/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted June 21 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' actor Tony Goldwyn thinks Fitz should get on Tinder
- 'Price is Right' specials to host contestants from 'Big Brother,' 'Survivor'
- Ross Marquand of 'TWD' to guest-star on 'The Mindy Project,' 'Deadbeat'
- Stephen Colbert thinks 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' sounds depressing
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996