Chris Rock plays mouthy black foil to the phlegmatic whiteness of Anthony Hopkins as a crusty old CIA agent, and Rock almost — almost — saves Bad Company, an ungainly, schizophrenic, odd-couple comedy-thriller, from entropy. At any rate, director Joel Schumacher and producer Jerry Bruckheimer (speaking of odd couples) owe the gifted comedian big time for remaining shrewd even when undermined by the story’s inherent stupidity: Rock helps save the world, literally, from suitcase-bomb nuclear terrorism far too anxiety-provoking in the first place for comedy these days.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Anthony Hopkins, Chris Rock, Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon, Adoni Maropis, Kerry Washington; Director: Joel Schumacher; Author: Jason Richman; Producer (person): Jerry Bruckheimer; Release Date Wide: 06/07/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted June 21 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- First look at the new 'Ghostbusters' uniforms
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- Floyd Mayweather, Katy Perry top Forbes' Celebrity 100 list
- Vertigo comic book movies headed to New Line
- Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' L.A. premiere livestream: Watch the red carpet arrivals here at 9 ET/6 PT
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!