Chris Rock plays mouthy black foil to the phlegmatic whiteness of Anthony Hopkins as a crusty old CIA agent, and Rock almost — almost — saves Bad Company, an ungainly, schizophrenic, odd-couple comedy-thriller, from entropy. At any rate, director Joel Schumacher and producer Jerry Bruckheimer (speaking of odd couples) owe the gifted comedian big time for remaining shrewd even when undermined by the story’s inherent stupidity: Rock helps save the world, literally, from suitcase-bomb nuclear terrorism far too anxiety-provoking in the first place for comedy these days.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Anthony Hopkins, Chris Rock, Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon, Adoni Maropis, Kerry Washington; Director: Joel Schumacher; Author: Jason Richman; Producer (person): Jerry Bruckheimer; Release Date Wide: 06/07/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted June 21 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 50 things we love about J.K. Rowling for her 50th birthday
- Surprise! One Direction drop first song without Zayn
- Vampire Weekend bassist premieres solo-project single
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!