Chris Rock plays mouthy black foil to the phlegmatic whiteness of Anthony Hopkins as a crusty old CIA agent, and Rock almost — almost — saves Bad Company, an ungainly, schizophrenic, odd-couple comedy-thriller, from entropy. At any rate, director Joel Schumacher and producer Jerry Bruckheimer (speaking of odd couples) owe the gifted comedian big time for remaining shrewd even when undermined by the story’s inherent stupidity: Rock helps save the world, literally, from suitcase-bomb nuclear terrorism far too anxiety-provoking in the first place for comedy these days.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Anthony Hopkins, Chris Rock, Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon, Adoni Maropis, Kerry Washington; Director: Joel Schumacher; Author: Jason Richman; Producer (person): Jerry Bruckheimer; Release Date Wide: 06/07/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 117; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted June 21 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ranking every song on Pearl Jam's 'Ten'
- Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Fallon yell at Siri
- Young Thug name checks Harambe, Kanye West in first project as Jeffery
- Kerry Washington sees the horror in group texts
- Barbra Streisand duets with 'Donald Trump' on 'The Tonight Show'
- What to Watch This Weekend: Find out who did what on 'The Night Of'
- Tim Kaine rocks the harmonica on 'The Late Show'