The Piano Man is changing his tune. Just five months after Billy Joel snapped up this waterfront retreat for $7 million, it’s back on the market. A local real estate broker says Joel abruptly stopped renovations. Built in 1955, the traditional-style home sits on 5.6 acres with a tennis court, a pool, and a pool house. The property includes 340 feet of bayfront with a deepwater dock, a rare commodity. Sources say it appealed to Joel because he has a boat-building business. After famously selling his East Hampton home to Jerry Seinfeld two years ago for around $30 million, fickle buyer Joel bought a home on neighboring Shelter Island as well as another house near chez Seinfeld.
(Billy Joel: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com; House: Photograph by John Roca)
Posted June 21 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jimmy Kimmel hires Doctor Strange for kids' birthday party
- 'Guilt' canceled by Freeform after one season
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will DeLuca and Maggie ever reunite?
- Watch Lady Gaga dedicate emotional Dive Bar Tour set to her father
- Trump booed at charity dinner while cracking Clinton jokes
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' reveals Michaela's mom
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss, Liza Weil on that shocking hookup