”Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it’s back to the M-I-C!” Detractors might append that couplet with a ”…k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.” But Smith’s third post-Jazzy Jeff album, Born to Reign, is perfectly pleasant – if somewhat jiggy-deficient – Radio Disney-friendly rap. R&B crooner Tra-Knox commandeers the choruses way too often, but Mrs. Smith displays surprisingly sweet pipes on the couple’s agreeably self-involved duet, ”1,000 Kisses.”
Born to Reign''Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it's back to the M-I-C!'' Detractors might append that couplet with a ''...k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.'' But Smith's third post...Born to ReignHip-Hop/Rap''Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it's back to the M-I-C!'' Detractors might append that couplet with a ''...k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.'' But Smith's third post...2002-06-28
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Will Smith
Posted June 28 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!