”Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it’s back to the M-I-C!” Detractors might append that couplet with a ”…k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.” But Smith’s third post-Jazzy Jeff album, Born to Reign, is perfectly pleasant – if somewhat jiggy-deficient – Radio Disney-friendly rap. R&B crooner Tra-Knox commandeers the choruses way too often, but Mrs. Smith displays surprisingly sweet pipes on the couple’s agreeably self-involved duet, ”1,000 Kisses.”
Born to Reign''Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it's back to the M-I-C!'' Detractors might append that couplet with a ''...k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.'' But Smith's third post...Born to ReignHip-Hop/Rap''Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it's back to the M-I-C!'' Detractors might append that couplet with a ''...k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.'' But Smith's third post...2002-06-28
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Will Smith
Posted June 28 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First look at the new 'Ghostbusters' uniforms
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- Floyd Mayweather, Katy Perry top Forbes' Celebrity 100 list
- Vertigo comic book movies headed to New Line
- Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' L.A. premiere livestream: Watch the red carpet arrivals here at 9 ET/6 PT
- Chris Pratt as Jason Statham in now-surfaced 'SNL' deleted sketch
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!