”Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it’s back to the M-I-C!” Detractors might append that couplet with a ”…k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.” But Smith’s third post-Jazzy Jeff album, Born to Reign, is perfectly pleasant – if somewhat jiggy-deficient – Radio Disney-friendly rap. R&B crooner Tra-Knox commandeers the choruses way too often, but Mrs. Smith displays surprisingly sweet pipes on the couple’s agreeably self-involved duet, ”1,000 Kisses.”
Born to Reign''Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it's back to the M-I-C!'' Detractors might append that couplet with a ''...k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.'' But Smith's third post...Born to ReignHip-Hop/Rap''Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it's back to the M-I-C!'' Detractors might append that couplet with a ''...k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.'' But Smith's third post...2002-06-28
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Will Smith
Posted June 28 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist
- Jay Leno to 'sub in' for Jimmy Fallon during 'The Tonight Show' monologue
- Charlotte Hornets guard Jeremy Lin to guest on 'Fresh Off the Boat'
- See Blake Lively's audition for 'Gossip Girl'