”Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it’s back to the M-I-C!” Detractors might append that couplet with a ”…k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.” But Smith’s third post-Jazzy Jeff album, Born to Reign, is perfectly pleasant – if somewhat jiggy-deficient – Radio Disney-friendly rap. R&B crooner Tra-Knox commandeers the choruses way too often, but Mrs. Smith displays surprisingly sweet pipes on the couple’s agreeably self-involved duet, ”1,000 Kisses.”
Born to Reign''Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it's back to the M-I-C!'' Detractors might append that couplet with a ''...k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.'' But Smith's third post...Born to ReignHip-Hop/Rap''Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it's back to the M-I-C!'' Detractors might append that couplet with a ''...k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.'' But Smith's third post...2002-06-28
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Will Smith
Posted June 28 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'