”Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it’s back to the M-I-C!” Detractors might append that couplet with a ”…k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.” But Smith’s third post-Jazzy Jeff album, Born to Reign, is perfectly pleasant – if somewhat jiggy-deficient – Radio Disney-friendly rap. R&B crooner Tra-Knox commandeers the choruses way too often, but Mrs. Smith displays surprisingly sweet pipes on the couple’s agreeably self-involved duet, ”1,000 Kisses.”
Born to Reign''Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it's back to the M-I-C!'' Detractors might append that couplet with a ''...k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.'' But Smith's third post...Born to ReignHip-Hop/Rap''Time off to be an Oscar nominee/Now it's back to the M-I-C!'' Detractors might append that couplet with a ''...k-e-y M-o-u-s-e.'' But Smith's third post...2002-06-28
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Will Smith
Posted June 28 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears, James Corden reenact '...Baby One More Time'
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'