As The Bourne Identity’s on-the-run amnesiac hero, Matt Damon, playing an assassin without a cause, gets to show off some deftly timed martial-arts moves, flipping his limbs around with the slashy precision of ninja nunchakus. Damon’s character, Jason Bourne, is some sort of black-ops shadow agent on assignment in Europe; after getting injured in a mysterious fracas, he has lost touch with any memory of who he is or how he got there. The movie has a few whispers of intrigue, but at its heart lies a dispiriting paradox: The more that Jason Bourne learns about himself, the less arresting he seems. ”The Bourne Identity” plays like John Le Carre with a couple of burned-out cylinders. The film wants us to look at these CIA superkillers and say, How ominous. Instead, a lot of viewers may now think, As if, or even If only.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Matt Damon, Franka Potente, Chris Cooper, Brian Cox, Clive Owen, Julia Stiles; Director: Doug Liman; Author: Tony Gilroy, William Blake Herron; Release Date Wide: 06/14/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Saturday Night Live' best host poll: Scarlett Johansson's big weekend turns up the heat on the competition
- James Taylor debuts Boston Red Sox song
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Let's talk latest shocking 'Game of Thrones' twist
- Kim Kardashian’s book of selfies is in good company
- Lauryn Hill apologizes to Nigerian fans with awesome acoustic performance
- Melissa Rivers says 'fighting' hurt 'Fashion Police'
- Lupita Nyong'o's 'Star Wars' character name revealed
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!