The trailer for December’s Star Trek: Nemesis just hit theaters, with the ominous slogan ”A Generation’s Final Journey Begins.” Is Captain Picard signing off? Paramount reps and producer Rick Berman decline to comment. But it seems Berman hasn’t denied rumors that Patrick Stewart (above, left) and Co. will soon be beamed into a distant galaxy without sequels. In an interview appearing on the fansite TrekWeb.com, Berman says, ”There will be Star Trek movies for a long time – whether they are going to be Next Generation…I just don’t know.” Despite the mixed signals, Trekkers aren’t worried. ”As far as this being the last one, I’ve heard that so many times,” says John Harper, organizer of June’s Trek Expo in Tulsa. ”You never believe it, not in science fiction.”
Posted July 12 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop