The trailer for December’s Star Trek: Nemesis just hit theaters, with the ominous slogan ”A Generation’s Final Journey Begins.” Is Captain Picard signing off? Paramount reps and producer Rick Berman decline to comment. But it seems Berman hasn’t denied rumors that Patrick Stewart (above, left) and Co. will soon be beamed into a distant galaxy without sequels. In an interview appearing on the fansite TrekWeb.com, Berman says, ”There will be Star Trek movies for a long time – whether they are going to be Next Generation…I just don’t know.” Despite the mixed signals, Trekkers aren’t worried. ”As far as this being the last one, I’ve heard that so many times,” says John Harper, organizer of June’s Trek Expo in Tulsa. ”You never believe it, not in science fiction.”
Posted July 12 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday