IMPOSTOR Gary Sinise, Vincent D’Onofrio (2002, Dimension, 102 mins., PG-13, also on DVD) Let’s see…. Based on a Philip K. Dick short story? Check. Set in a large city in the not-so-distant future? Affirmative. Centered on a man accused of a crime he has yet to commit who then goes on the run and is hunted by a well-attired man with carefully manicured facial hair? You betcha. And those are just a few of the ways Steven Spielberg’s Minority Report is similar to Gary Fleder’s sci-fi thriller – which was released a full six months earlier. Granted, Fleder didn’t have Spielberg money to work with (or, let’s be honest, Spielberg talent), but he still managed to whip up a neat little paranoid fantasy that beat the Oscar winner to the punch. How many directors can say that?
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Vincent D'Onofrio, Gary Sinise, Madeleine Stowe, Gary Dourdan, Mekhi Phifer, Tony Shalhoub; Director: Gary Fleder; Author: Caroline Case, Ehren Kruger, David Twohy; Release Date Wide: 01/04/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted July 12 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors