K-19: THE WIDOWMAKER (k19movie.com) Harrison Ford’s latest movie is based on the true story of the near-meltdown of the first Soviet nuclear ballistic submarine, one of those World War III close calls that seems so quaint post-9/11. So, naturally, there’s a fleet little videogame attached to the film’s otherwise average website that has you racing the ailing K-19 through a maze of ominous icebergs. Make sure you’ve downloaded the most recent Shockwave, though, or the site’ll be buggier than the imperiled Soviet sub.
Posted July 19 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big