In Nicole Holofcener’s first film since Walking and Talking, Catherine Keener is like a contempo screw- ball heiress who forgot to take her Prozac. Emily Mortimer, as her actress sibling, makes you see the frailty beneath her diva-ness, and Brenda Blethyn is understated (for once) as the matriarch who undergoes a disastrous experiment in liposuction. This trio is like a looser, funnier version of the family of wrecks in Woody Allen’s Interiors.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Brenda Blethyn, Catherine Keener, Raven Goodwin, Jake Gyllenhaal, James LeGros, Emily Mortimer, Dermot Mulroney; Director: Nicole Holofcener; Author: Nicole Holofcener; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted July 19 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt