In Nicole Holofcener’s first film since Walking and Talking, Catherine Keener is like a contempo screw- ball heiress who forgot to take her Prozac. Emily Mortimer, as her actress sibling, makes you see the frailty beneath her diva-ness, and Brenda Blethyn is understated (for once) as the matriarch who undergoes a disastrous experiment in liposuction. This trio is like a looser, funnier version of the family of wrecks in Woody Allen’s Interiors.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Brenda Blethyn, Catherine Keener, Raven Goodwin, Jake Gyllenhaal, James LeGros, Emily Mortimer, Dermot Mulroney; Director: Nicole Holofcener; Author: Nicole Holofcener; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' breakout Tituss Burgess on his alter ego (and 'Pinot Noir')
- Robert Kirkman reveals 'Walking Dead' companion series will be called...
- 9 plotlines you didn't realize started in the 'Grey's Anatomy' pilot
- Chill your way into the weekend with DADRAS's 'RUBAIYAT I' EP -- exclusive
- NBC orders Ellen DeGeneres-produced reality series 'First Dates'
- Downton Abbey producer explains why the series had to end
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons talks animated film debut, co-star Rihanna and his hometown
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!