In Nicole Holofcener’s first film since Walking and Talking, Catherine Keener is like a contempo screw- ball heiress who forgot to take her Prozac. Emily Mortimer, as her actress sibling, makes you see the frailty beneath her diva-ness, and Brenda Blethyn is understated (for once) as the matriarch who undergoes a disastrous experiment in liposuction. This trio is like a looser, funnier version of the family of wrecks in Woody Allen’s Interiors.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Brenda Blethyn, Catherine Keener, Raven Goodwin, Jake Gyllenhaal, James LeGros, Emily Mortimer, Dermot Mulroney; Director: Nicole Holofcener; Author: Nicole Holofcener; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'We aren't perfect, but we are determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'