In Nicole Holofcener’s first film since Walking and Talking, Catherine Keener is like a contempo screw- ball heiress who forgot to take her Prozac. Emily Mortimer, as her actress sibling, makes you see the frailty beneath her diva-ness, and Brenda Blethyn is understated (for once) as the matriarch who undergoes a disastrous experiment in liposuction. This trio is like a looser, funnier version of the family of wrecks in Woody Allen’s Interiors.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Brenda Blethyn, Catherine Keener, Raven Goodwin, Jake Gyllenhaal, James LeGros, Emily Mortimer, Dermot Mulroney; Director: Nicole Holofcener; Author: Nicole Holofcener; Release Date Limited: 06/28/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted July 19 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'