In Nicole Holofcener’s first film since Walking and Talking, Catherine Keener is like a contempo screw- ball heiress who forgot to take her Prozac. Emily Mortimer, as her actress sibling, makes you see the frailty beneath her diva-ness, and Brenda Blethyn is understated (for once) as the matriarch who undergoes a disastrous experiment in liposuction. This trio is like a looser, funnier version of the family of wrecks in Woody Allen’s Interiors.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Brenda Blethyn, Catherine Keener, Raven Goodwin, Jake Gyllenhaal, James LeGros, Emily Mortimer, Dermot Mulroney; Director: Nicole Holofcener; Author: Nicole Holofcener; Release Date Limited: 06/28/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted July 19 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dylan's Candy Bar is celebrating 'Mean Girls' with themed candy
- 11 outrageous moments from Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- 'Faking It' season 2B supertease: Karma and Amy pretend to be a couple again — exclusive
- Why Bill Murray agreed to appear in the next 'Ghostbusters'
- Keith Richards talks solo album, documentary, and trying to get the Stones back in the studio
- 'Saturday Night Live' adds Jon Rudnitsky as cast member
- Rooney Mara helps Rio kids in new 'Trash' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!