AT THE MOVIES, Houston, we have a hit: Tom Hanks and his Apollo 13 crew soar to first place at the box office and a three-week gross of $90.9 million. ON TV, summer reruns of NBC’s Thursday lineup–Friends, Seinfeld, and ER–run one-two-three in the weekly Nielsens. IN MUSIC, TLC’s comeback hit, “Waterfalls,” lands the distaff trio (left) at No. 1 on the Billboard singles chart. AND IN THE NEWS, as the Whitewater probe deepens, Senate Republicans call for greater disclosure of files removed from the office of the late Clinton White House deputy counsel, Vincent Foster.
Posted July 26 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ryan Reynolds talks THAT photo from Taylor Swift's Fourth of July party
- Best of 2016: 'La La Land' costume designer on the 'timeless' looks
- WATCH: Ken Foree talks to the dead in 'Blood Brothers' clip
- Trevor Noah: Trump should hire Hodor from 'Game of Thrones'
- Everything you need to know about Marvel’s 'X-Men' ResurrXion
- 'Vampire Diaries': David Anders reveals his favorite Uncle John twist
- 'Sherlock': Martin Freeman on how Baby Watson will change the show