Fans wondered if there was a need to revive this fairy-tale fantasy – just 15 years old and hardly the crown jewel in Stephen Sondheim’s oeuvre. Now they ask, Another CD? This disc is reflective of the current brighter, slighter production: accomplished, if not outstanding, voices rendering elaborate, engaging melodies. (Vanessa Williams’ witch, unhappily, comes off as shrill.) But why not add James Lapine’s droll dialogue or Dame Judi Dench’s prerecorded (and uncredited) vocals as the giant? For a show that pushes three hours, Woods could offer more than a 70-minute memento.
Into the Woods (Soundtrack - Broadway 2002) Fans wondered if there was a need to revive this fairy-tale fantasy -- just 15 years old and hardly the crown jewel in Stephen Sondheim's oeuvre. Now...Into the Woods (Soundtrack - Broadway 2002)Soundtracks Fans wondered if there was a need to revive this fairy-tale fantasy -- just 15 years old and hardly the crown jewel in Stephen Sondheim's oeuvre. Now...2002-07-26
Genre: Soundtracks; Guest Performer: Judi Dench, James Lapine, Vanessa Williams; Producer (group): Nonesuch
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!