RECENT RELEASE ”Trick Pony” (2001)
WHY THEM As members of the trio Trick Pony (with singer Heidi Newfield), Burns and Dean are hardly an overnight success: Guitarist Burns (pictured, top) was in Joe Diffie’s band and bassist Dean was playing with Tanya Tucker before they formed Trick Pony in 1996. They performed on the honky-tonk circuit without a record deal for four years. But their diligence paid off last year with three Billboard Top 10 singles from their eponymous debut (including the Billboard country No. 1 song ”On a Night Like This”). They also were named best new country group at the Academy of Country Music Awards and the American Music Awards.
WHAT’S HOT Burns in tight tees, a cowboy hat, and a permanent five o’clock shadow; Dean in floppy hats and shiny shirts – it’s like the Marlboro Man meets P-Funk.
WHAT’S NOT Dean can get too much of a glittery thing – and how does Burns move in those tight jeans?
WHAT’S NEXT Trick Pony will continue to tour as part of the Brooks & Dunn Neon Circus and Wild West Show (the best-selling country tour of the summer) through the end of this month, then at smaller venues through 2002.
Posted August 1 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- Jennifer Lawrence blames her butt for almost killing 'Hunger Games’ crew
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- Patton Oswalt opens up about being a single father after wife's death
- Matthew Broderick debuts his very own Donald Trump impression
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen make for ultimate Charades team
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big