If you see just one craptacular summer movie about an earth ruled by fireball-breathing dragons, then rescued by a Patton-like warrior (Matthew McConaughey) and his British ally (Christian Bale), make it this one. In fact, the season could do with more unself-important, happy-to-be-rip-roaring throwback movies like this one: The throwaway good humor is as rare as dragon’s eggs.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Christian Bale, Matthew McConaughey, Gerard Butler, Izabella Scorupco; Director: Rob Bowman; Author: Gregg Chabot, Matt Greenberg, Kevin Peterka; Release Date Wide: 07/12/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 2 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Minecraft is coming to Apple TV
- Felicity Jones readies to rebel in new 'Rogue One' photo
- Donald Trump Walk of Fame star vandal in police custody
- 'Pokémon Sun' and 'Moon' brings Red and Blue back
- Johnny Simmons plays through a messy affair in 'Dreamland' trailer
- J.K. Rowling reveals Seahawks support
- 'Gilmore Girls' stars guess their characters' presidential picks