If you see just one craptacular summer movie about an earth ruled by fireball-breathing dragons, then rescued by a Patton-like warrior (Matthew McConaughey) and his British ally (Christian Bale), make it this one. In fact, the season could do with more unself-important, happy-to-be-rip-roaring throwback movies like this one: The throwaway good humor is as rare as dragon’s eggs.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Christian Bale, Matthew McConaughey, Gerard Butler, Izabella Scorupco; Director: Rob Bowman; Author: Gregg Chabot, Matt Greenberg, Kevin Peterka; Release Date Wide: 07/12/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 2 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'Famous' video gets recreated by Instagram's most popular dogs
- 'This Is Us': Sterling K. Brown previews tonight’s Christmas episode
- '12 Deadly Days' trailer promises mayhem under mistletoe
- Nat Geo's 'Mars' pulls off the tricky art of the pre-enactment
- 'Bingeworthy' hosts get honest about 'Fuller House'
- 'Homeland' casts 'Medium' star as alt-right media personality
- Grammy nominee Amy Schumer defends herself against haters on Instagram
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans