SIGNS (DVD, $8) AVAILABILITY Here’s a sign of security lapses: M. Night Shyamalan’s alien opus showed up in Manhattan’s Chinatown 11 days before release. PACKAGING A fuzzy copy of the movie poster. CONSUMER REPORT Is that shadowy figure behind Mel Gibson an alien, or just Joaquin Phoenix? On this blurry, umpteenth-generation dub of an audience taping, it’s impossible to tell. Cowards, take heart: Thanks to the distorted sound and indecipherable mise-en-scene, Signs’ big scares become laughable. You can’t see dead people…or anything else.
Posted August 9 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Titanfall 2's launch trailer lands with a big 'Bang Bang'
- Lady Gaga to perform at the 2016 American Music Awards
- 'This Is Us' star on tonight's ep: 'We meet Jack in the present day'
- Chris Martin sings with kids Apple and Moses at charity event
- Watch the trailer for 'I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House'
- Michael Phelps brings his Phelps Face to new 'Call of Duty' trailer
- ABC cuts 'Notorious' order, possibly first canceled show