Al Pacino plays a Hollywood director, beaten down by the demands of obnoxious talent and suits, who creates a superstar actress on his computer and fools the world into falling in love with her. Pacino is alive with furies and fears, and the supporting cast, especially Catherine Keener, are lively and raring to make fun of the business that feeds them. But the movie is more turned on by a future of machine-made stars than it cops to, pretending to warn against shallowness while getting aroused by the possibilities of pixels.
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Catherine Keener, Al Pacino, Rachel Roberts, Jay Mohr, Rebecca Romijn, Winona Ryder, Jason Schwartzman, Evan Rachel Wood; Director: Andrew Niccol; Author: Andrew Niccol; Release Date Wide: 08/23/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted September 13 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat