Al Pacino plays a Hollywood director, beaten down by the demands of obnoxious talent and suits, who creates a superstar actress on his computer and fools the world into falling in love with her. Pacino is alive with furies and fears, and the supporting cast, especially Catherine Keener, are lively and raring to make fun of the business that feeds them. But the movie is more turned on by a future of machine-made stars than it cops to, pretending to warn against shallowness while getting aroused by the possibilities of pixels.
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Catherine Keener, Al Pacino, Rachel Roberts, Jay Mohr, Rebecca Romijn, Winona Ryder, Jason Schwartzman, Evan Rachel Wood; Director: Andrew Niccol; Author: Andrew Niccol; Release Date Wide: 08/23/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted September 13 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' director reveals early design for Star-Lord's mask
- Idris Elba has 'nothing constructive to say' about Bond speculation
- Ava DuVernay responds to 'Gods of Egypt' casting apology