Al Pacino plays a Hollywood director, beaten down by the demands of obnoxious talent and suits, who creates a superstar actress on his computer and fools the world into falling in love with her. Pacino is alive with furies and fears, and the supporting cast, especially Catherine Keener, are lively and raring to make fun of the business that feeds them. But the movie is more turned on by a future of machine-made stars than it cops to, pretending to warn against shallowness while getting aroused by the possibilities of pixels.
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Catherine Keener, Al Pacino, Rachel Roberts, Jay Mohr, Rebecca Romijn, Winona Ryder, Jason Schwartzman, Evan Rachel Wood; Director: Andrew Niccol; Author: Andrew Niccol; Release Date Wide: 08/23/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted September 13 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear an exclusive Deer Tick song from upcoming Amazon Music playlist
- Farm Aid 30th anniversary show to feature new stars
- Mike Huckabee's holocaust comment leaves Jon Stewart speechless
- Jimmy Kimmel makes 'Bachelorette' couple promise to never break up
- New Order shares first new track in a decade
- Robert De Niro to direct 'A Bronx Tale' musical
- Larry Wilmore slams Bill Cosby's defense strategy
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!