Al Pacino plays a Hollywood director, beaten down by the demands of obnoxious talent and suits, who creates a superstar actress on his computer and fools the world into falling in love with her. Pacino is alive with furies and fears, and the supporting cast, especially Catherine Keener, are lively and raring to make fun of the business that feeds them. But the movie is more turned on by a future of machine-made stars than it cops to, pretending to warn against shallowness while getting aroused by the possibilities of pixels.
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Catherine Keener, Al Pacino, Rachel Roberts, Jay Mohr, Rebecca Romijn, Winona Ryder, Jason Schwartzman, Evan Rachel Wood; Director: Andrew Niccol; Author: Andrew Niccol; Release Date Wide: 08/23/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted September 13 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!