NAME Will Kemp AGE 25 WHERE YOU’VE SEEN HIM So he’s the stunner grooving in those loose-fit jeans in Gap’s ”For Every Generation” campaign. COMMERCIAL SUCCESS A professional dancer who trained at London’s Royal Ballet School (his credits include 1998’s all-male ”Swan Lake” on Broadway), British-born Kemp had no problem falling into the Gap: ”The Gap has tremendous, clever ads, so when I was approached, I was like, ‘Absolutely.”’ Besides, he says, ”I thrive on [being] able to do a high-profile job like the Gap campaign, then come back [to London] and hide in the obscurity of a small-scale theater production.” IMPROV-ABILITY ”I don’t think [the director and crew] knew what to tell me, and I didn’t know what they wanted,” says Kemp of the music-driven spots. ”I just got my rocks off and jumped around for a bit.” NEXT More theater, and his big-screen debut opposite Val Kilmer and Christian Slater in ”Mindhunters,” due next year.
(Kemp: Courtesy of the Gap)
Posted September 20 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- EWwy Awards 2015: Sam Heughan, Andrew Lincoln face off
- Selena Gomez plays the villain in 'Bad Blood' behind-the-scenes clip
- Exclusive first look at Joan Collins' return to E!'s 'The Royals'
- Francis Ford Coppola explains the Old Hollywood magic of 'Dracula'
- Deadpool teases debut trailer with... a trailer
- Shudder chief says horror movie-streaming service is 'all killer, no filler'
- Tig Notaro strips down in 'Boyish Girl Interrupted' clip