NAME Will Kemp AGE 25 WHERE YOU’VE SEEN HIM So he’s the stunner grooving in those loose-fit jeans in Gap’s ”For Every Generation” campaign. COMMERCIAL SUCCESS A professional dancer who trained at London’s Royal Ballet School (his credits include 1998’s all-male ”Swan Lake” on Broadway), British-born Kemp had no problem falling into the Gap: ”The Gap has tremendous, clever ads, so when I was approached, I was like, ‘Absolutely.”’ Besides, he says, ”I thrive on [being] able to do a high-profile job like the Gap campaign, then come back [to London] and hide in the obscurity of a small-scale theater production.” IMPROV-ABILITY ”I don’t think [the director and crew] knew what to tell me, and I didn’t know what they wanted,” says Kemp of the music-driven spots. ”I just got my rocks off and jumped around for a bit.” NEXT More theater, and his big-screen debut opposite Val Kilmer and Christian Slater in ”Mindhunters,” due next year.
(Kemp: Courtesy of the Gap)
Posted September 20 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ice Cube developing modern-day 'Oliver Twist' musical at Disney
- 'Black Mirror' creator: The one twist that was too heartbreaking to do
- Tinashe almost freaked out when working with 'idol' Britney Spears
- Westworld ratings take hit from Walking Dead
- Simon Pegg talks 'Star Trek Beyond' with an ISS astronaut
- Missing backup dancer found safe after Rihanna’s emotional plea
- 'Uncharted' movie picks up Shawn Levy to direct
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop