NAME Will Kemp AGE 25 WHERE YOU’VE SEEN HIM So he’s the stunner grooving in those loose-fit jeans in Gap’s ”For Every Generation” campaign. COMMERCIAL SUCCESS A professional dancer who trained at London’s Royal Ballet School (his credits include 1998’s all-male ”Swan Lake” on Broadway), British-born Kemp had no problem falling into the Gap: ”The Gap has tremendous, clever ads, so when I was approached, I was like, ‘Absolutely.”’ Besides, he says, ”I thrive on [being] able to do a high-profile job like the Gap campaign, then come back [to London] and hide in the obscurity of a small-scale theater production.” IMPROV-ABILITY ”I don’t think [the director and crew] knew what to tell me, and I didn’t know what they wanted,” says Kemp of the music-driven spots. ”I just got my rocks off and jumped around for a bit.” NEXT More theater, and his big-screen debut opposite Val Kilmer and Christian Slater in ”Mindhunters,” due next year.
(Kemp: Courtesy of the Gap)
Posted September 20 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt