It’d be easy to whine about what isn’t on Forty Licks: ”Let It Bleed,” ”No Expectations,” ”Midnight Rambler,” and many other Rolling Stones classics. And you could certainly complain about some of what is: later-period lowlights like ”Love Is Strong” and ”Anybody Seen My Baby?” plus four inconsequential (but unobtrusive) new tunes. These quibbles aside, this is a nicely sequenced, relatively comprehensive two-disc collection. But then again, you already have all the albums. Don’t you?
Forty LicksIt'd be easy to whine about what isn't on Forty Licks: ''Let It Bleed,'' ''No Expectations,'' ''Midnight Rambler,'' and many other Rolling Stones...Forty LicksRockIt'd be easy to whine about what isn't on Forty Licks: ''Let It Bleed,'' ''No Expectations,'' ''Midnight Rambler,'' and many other Rolling Stones...2002-10-04
(Rolling Stones: Hulton-Deutsch Collection/Corbis)
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: The Rolling Stones; Producer (group): Virgin
Posted October 4 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ABC Family and Fox score top marks for inclusion of LGBT characters
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!