Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki’s sublime, fluid masterpiece about a 10-year-old girl lost in a shadowy amusement park for the spirits is a triumph of psychological depth and artistic brilliance offered as the magical adventures of one skinny girl. If the words ”Walt Disney Studios Presents” (and warm-pitched, English-language dubbing by American actors including Suzanne Pleshette and David Ogden Stiers) bring more viewers to this marvel – as resplendent as any in the great Disney repertory – the gods and spirits of animated cinema will smile.
Genre: Animation, Foreign Language; Starring: Daveigh Chase, Miyu Irino, Takashi Naito, Mari Natsuki; Director: Hayao Miyazaki; Author: Hayao Miyazaki; Runtime (in minutes): 130; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo