Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki’s sublime, fluid masterpiece about a 10-year-old girl lost in a shadowy amusement park for the spirits is a triumph of psychological depth and artistic brilliance offered as the magical adventures of one skinny girl. If the words ”Walt Disney Studios Presents” (and warm-pitched, English-language dubbing by American actors including Suzanne Pleshette and David Ogden Stiers) bring more viewers to this marvel – as resplendent as any in the great Disney repertory – the gods and spirits of animated cinema will smile.
Genre: Animation, Foreign Language; Starring: Daveigh Chase, Miyu Irino, Takashi Naito, Mari Natsuki; Director: Hayao Miyazaki; Author: Hayao Miyazaki; Release Date Limited: 09/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 130; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted October 4 2002 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Relive Hillary Clinton dancing to the 'Macarena' at the 1996 DNC
- 'Bad Boys 3' director to write 'Uncharted' movie adaptation
- Sony deletes 'Ghostbusters' tweet congratulating Hillary Clinton
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child': Bookstores prepare release parties
- Did 'The Vampire Diaries' just cast Matt Donovan's dad?
- 'Sharknado 4' director teases Tara Reid return and even more jokes
- Orlando Bloom joins Andy Samberg HBO mockumentary 'Tour de Pharmacy'