Attempting to do for curling – a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ”stones,” an ice rink, and frantic brooming – what 1993’s Cool Runnings did for bobsledding, star-cowriter-director Gross’ Canadian comedy veers off course. Gross (the Canuck equivalent of Edward Burns… which could be good or bad) drafts a charming enough cast of characters to be his reluctant curling teammates, who are reunited by the last will and testament of their beloved coach. But it’s the script, alternately overdetermined and touching, crass and sharply comic, that could have used a fresh sweep.
Men with BroomsAttempting to do for curling -- a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ''stones,'' an ice rink, and frantic brooming --...Men with BroomsAttempting to do for curling -- a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ''stones,'' an ice rink, and frantic brooming --...2002-11-01
Starring: Paul Gross; Director: Paul Gross; Release Date Wide: 01/01/2002
Posted November 1 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover
- Marvel teases 'Ant-Man' in fake news report
- Harper Lee's 'Go Set a Watchman' might have discovered earlier than reported
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season finale
- Here are the TV marathons you can binge this Fourth of July weekend
- 'Star Wars' comic sets up 'Force Awakens'