Attempting to do for curling – a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ”stones,” an ice rink, and frantic brooming – what 1993’s Cool Runnings did for bobsledding, star-cowriter-director Gross’ Canadian comedy veers off course. Gross (the Canuck equivalent of Edward Burns… which could be good or bad) drafts a charming enough cast of characters to be his reluctant curling teammates, who are reunited by the last will and testament of their beloved coach. But it’s the script, alternately overdetermined and touching, crass and sharply comic, that could have used a fresh sweep.
Men with BroomsAttempting to do for curling -- a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ''stones,'' an ice rink, and frantic brooming --...Men with BroomsAttempting to do for curling -- a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ''stones,'' an ice rink, and frantic brooming --...2002-11-01
Starring: Paul Gross; Director: Paul Gross; Release Date Wide: 01/01/2002
Posted November 1 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' postmortem: Elizabeth Henstridge talks surprising return
- The 10 most-promising 'Voice' contestants
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist