Attempting to do for curling – a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ”stones,” an ice rink, and frantic brooming – what 1993’s Cool Runnings did for bobsledding, star-cowriter-director Gross’ Canadian comedy veers off course. Gross (the Canuck equivalent of Edward Burns… which could be good or bad) drafts a charming enough cast of characters to be his reluctant curling teammates, who are reunited by the last will and testament of their beloved coach. But it’s the script, alternately overdetermined and touching, crass and sharply comic, that could have used a fresh sweep.
Men with BroomsAttempting to do for curling -- a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ''stones,'' an ice rink, and frantic brooming --...Men with BroomsAttempting to do for curling -- a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ''stones,'' an ice rink, and frantic brooming --...2002-11-01
Starring: Paul Gross; Director: Paul Gross; Release Date Wide: 01/01/2002
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'