Attempting to do for curling – a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ”stones,” an ice rink, and frantic brooming – what 1993’s Cool Runnings did for bobsledding, star-cowriter-director Gross’ Canadian comedy veers off course. Gross (the Canuck equivalent of Edward Burns… which could be good or bad) drafts a charming enough cast of characters to be his reluctant curling teammates, who are reunited by the last will and testament of their beloved coach. But it’s the script, alternately overdetermined and touching, crass and sharply comic, that could have used a fresh sweep.
Men with BroomsAttempting to do for curling -- a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ''stones,'' an ice rink, and frantic brooming --...Men with BroomsAttempting to do for curling -- a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ''stones,'' an ice rink, and frantic brooming --...2002-11-01
Starring: Paul Gross; Director: Paul Gross; Release Date Wide: 01/01/2002
Posted November 1 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'
- 'Southside With You' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard