Attempting to do for curling – a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ”stones,” an ice rink, and frantic brooming – what 1993’s Cool Runnings did for bobsledding, star-cowriter-director Gross’ Canadian comedy veers off course. Gross (the Canuck equivalent of Edward Burns… which could be good or bad) drafts a charming enough cast of characters to be his reluctant curling teammates, who are reunited by the last will and testament of their beloved coach. But it’s the script, alternately overdetermined and touching, crass and sharply comic, that could have used a fresh sweep.
Men with BroomsAttempting to do for curling -- a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ''stones,'' an ice rink, and frantic brooming --...Men with BroomsAttempting to do for curling -- a curious cross between bowling and shuffleboard involving 42-pound ''stones,'' an ice rink, and frantic brooming --...2002-11-01
Starring: Paul Gross; Director: Paul Gross; Release Date Wide: 01/01/2002
Posted November 1 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Mummy': Tom Cruise, Annabelle Wallis pose for set photo
- 'Fast and Furious' cast congratulates Vin Diesel on Facebook milestone
- 'Teen Wolf' star Tyler Posey apologizes for 'Gay Street' Snapchat
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': Go inside the opening gala
- J.K. Rowling meets 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' cast in photo
- 'Fast and Furious 8': Dwayne Johnson dives for cover in new set video
- Kanye West on Apple's talks with Tidal: 'Let the kids have the music'