Likely to delight animation aficionados more than children or their parents, The Powerpuff Girls Movie – in which the title superheroines make an ultra-frenetic leap to the big screen from their popular Cartoon Network series – is a shade too dark for youngsters and a touch too juvenile for older Puffsters. That said, the girl-power message is as strong and entertaining as ever (though power here translates to the ability to flatten a city). But the story – focusing on the bug-eyed girls’ bumpy beginnings – unfolds with the sort of hyperkinetic geometry only a ”Tron” fan can fully appreciate.
(The Powerpuff Girls Movie: ©Cartoon Network)
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family; Starring: Cathy Cavadini, Elizabeth Daily, Tara Strong; Director: Craig McCracken; Author: Charlie Bean, Lauren Faust; Release Date Wide: 07/03/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!