Likely to delight animation aficionados more than children or their parents, The Powerpuff Girls Movie – in which the title superheroines make an ultra-frenetic leap to the big screen from their popular Cartoon Network series – is a shade too dark for youngsters and a touch too juvenile for older Puffsters. That said, the girl-power message is as strong and entertaining as ever (though power here translates to the ability to flatten a city). But the story – focusing on the bug-eyed girls’ bumpy beginnings – unfolds with the sort of hyperkinetic geometry only a ”Tron” fan can fully appreciate.
(The Powerpuff Girls Movie: ©Cartoon Network)
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family; Starring: Cathy Cavadini, Elizabeth Daily, Tara Strong; Director: Craig McCracken; Author: Charlie Bean, Lauren Faust; Release Date Wide: 07/03/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted November 8 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!