One title on Riot Act, ”Half Full,” sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie’s heartfelt lyrics rarely cohere, and how too few of the tense rhythmic setups build to the kind of ”Rearviewmirror”-style catharsis that would be something to ”Riot” home about. Or you can be thankful that, absence of classics aside, one band’s grooves still sound taut, emotive, and world-class, and not look a damn gift horse in the mouth.
Riot Act One title on Riot Act, ''Half Full,'' sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie's heartfelt lyrics rarely...Riot Act One title on Riot Act, ''Half Full,'' sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie's heartfelt lyrics rarely...2002-11-15
(Pearl Jam: Danny Clinch)
Posted November 15 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Creed': Watch the first trailer for the 'Rocky' spinoff
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- How do Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy compare?
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!