One title on Riot Act, ”Half Full,” sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie’s heartfelt lyrics rarely cohere, and how too few of the tense rhythmic setups build to the kind of ”Rearviewmirror”-style catharsis that would be something to ”Riot” home about. Or you can be thankful that, absence of classics aside, one band’s grooves still sound taut, emotive, and world-class, and not look a damn gift horse in the mouth.
Riot Act One title on Riot Act, ''Half Full,'' sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie's heartfelt lyrics rarely...Riot Act One title on Riot Act, ''Half Full,'' sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie's heartfelt lyrics rarely...2002-11-15
(Pearl Jam: Danny Clinch)
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!