One title on Riot Act, ”Half Full,” sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie’s heartfelt lyrics rarely cohere, and how too few of the tense rhythmic setups build to the kind of ”Rearviewmirror”-style catharsis that would be something to ”Riot” home about. Or you can be thankful that, absence of classics aside, one band’s grooves still sound taut, emotive, and world-class, and not look a damn gift horse in the mouth.
Riot Act One title on Riot Act, ''Half Full,'' sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie's heartfelt lyrics rarely...Riot Act One title on Riot Act, ''Half Full,'' sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie's heartfelt lyrics rarely...2002-11-15
(Pearl Jam: Danny Clinch)
Posted November 15 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Will Smith: 'Bad Boys 3' is 'very close'
- Pixar’s 'Coco' reveals cast and plot details
- Jimmy Kimmel dings Trump while discussing Oscars gig
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for Taiwan call
- Milo Ventimiglia does push-ups with Ellen DeGeneres on his back
- The Roots and Co. bring the 'Hamilton Mixtape' to 'Fallon'
- Grammy nominations 2017: Beyoncé and Adele lead the pack
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'