One title on Riot Act, ”Half Full,” sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie’s heartfelt lyrics rarely cohere, and how too few of the tense rhythmic setups build to the kind of ”Rearviewmirror”-style catharsis that would be something to ”Riot” home about. Or you can be thankful that, absence of classics aside, one band’s grooves still sound taut, emotive, and world-class, and not look a damn gift horse in the mouth.
Riot Act One title on Riot Act, ''Half Full,'' sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie's heartfelt lyrics rarely...Riot Act One title on Riot Act, ''Half Full,'' sums it up: You can view the Jam jar as half empty, if you focus on how Eddie's heartfelt lyrics rarely...2002-11-15
(Pearl Jam: Danny Clinch)
Posted November 15 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jason Statham on Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson drama: 'I stay out' of it
- Chris O'Dowd to star in Epix's 'Get Shorty' TV series
- Streamy Awards announce 2016 nominations
- 'Lip Sync Battle' bringing back celebrity champs for first live special
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...