There’s an old saying that goes something like ”Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you.” The idea that there’s someone out there watching and that that someone has power over you infuses much of writer Warren Ellis’ work, from his run on the megapowered superhero saga The Authority to his mad-journalist opus Transmetropolitan. With Global Frequency he posits a worldwide network of operatives – ex-SEALs, pilots, hackers, and S&M-loving MIT math geeks, to name a few – who are ready to intercede on humanity’s behalf when our freaky mistakes come back to haunt us. Part Buckaroo Banzai, part X-Files, Global Frequency starts in the middle of a mind-bending nuclear crisis and hauls ass straight through to the close. I’d say it would make a great TV show but for the sad truth that Hollywood would surely screw it up.
Global Frequency There's an old saying that goes something like ''Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.'' The idea that there's someone...Global FrequencyWarren Ellis There's an old saying that goes something like ''Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.'' The idea that there's someone...2002-11-22
Author: Warren Ellis
Posted November 22 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!