There’s an old saying that goes something like ”Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you.” The idea that there’s someone out there watching and that that someone has power over you infuses much of writer Warren Ellis’ work, from his run on the megapowered superhero saga The Authority to his mad-journalist opus Transmetropolitan. With Global Frequency he posits a worldwide network of operatives – ex-SEALs, pilots, hackers, and S&M-loving MIT math geeks, to name a few – who are ready to intercede on humanity’s behalf when our freaky mistakes come back to haunt us. Part Buckaroo Banzai, part X-Files, Global Frequency starts in the middle of a mind-bending nuclear crisis and hauls ass straight through to the close. I’d say it would make a great TV show but for the sad truth that Hollywood would surely screw it up.
Global Frequency There's an old saying that goes something like ''Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.'' The idea that there's someone...Global FrequencyWarren Ellis There's an old saying that goes something like ''Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.'' The idea that there's someone...2002-11-22
Author: Warren Ellis
Posted November 22 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch