David has a voice that’s fresh and expressive, so it doesn’t bode well that on what’s only his second album, he’s also an artist already reduced to singing about the burdens of fame. Or that he so eagerly collaborated with a true slickster, Sting, on a slice of generic soul. Or that his rapid rapping on ”Eenie Meenie” is more a stunt than a skill. Thank goodness David can still lay down some good pop balladry (”Personal,” ”What’s Changed”).
Slicker Than Your Average David has a voice that's fresh and expressive, so it doesn't bode well that on what's only his second album, he's also an artist already reduced to...Slicker Than Your Average David has a voice that's fresh and expressive, so it doesn't bode well that on what's only his second album, he's also an artist already reduced to...2002-11-22
Lead Performer: Craig David; Producer (group): Atlantic, Wildstar
Posted November 22 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!