David has a voice that’s fresh and expressive, so it doesn’t bode well that on what’s only his second album, he’s also an artist already reduced to singing about the burdens of fame. Or that he so eagerly collaborated with a true slickster, Sting, on a slice of generic soul. Or that his rapid rapping on ”Eenie Meenie” is more a stunt than a skill. Thank goodness David can still lay down some good pop balladry (”Personal,” ”What’s Changed”).
Slicker Than Your Average David has a voice that's fresh and expressive, so it doesn't bode well that on what's only his second album, he's also an artist already reduced to...Slicker Than Your Average David has a voice that's fresh and expressive, so it doesn't bode well that on what's only his second album, he's also an artist already reduced to...2002-11-22
Lead Performer: Craig David; Producer (group): Atlantic, Wildstar
Posted November 22 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Yvonne Strahovski joins Hulu's 'The Handmaid's Tale'
- Teyana Taylor: 5 things to know about the star of Kanye new video
- Here's where you can watch the Anthony Weiner documentary, 'Weiner'
- Marlene King debuts 'Famous in Love' trailer starring Bella Thorne
- Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka' and 'Blazing Saddles' star, dies at 83
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 13 questions we need answered before it ends
- An introduction to Deathstroke, the new DC movie universe villain