David has a voice that’s fresh and expressive, so it doesn’t bode well that on what’s only his second album, he’s also an artist already reduced to singing about the burdens of fame. Or that he so eagerly collaborated with a true slickster, Sting, on a slice of generic soul. Or that his rapid rapping on ”Eenie Meenie” is more a stunt than a skill. Thank goodness David can still lay down some good pop balladry (”Personal,” ”What’s Changed”).
Slicker Than Your Average David has a voice that's fresh and expressive, so it doesn't bode well that on what's only his second album, he's also an artist already reduced to...Slicker Than Your Average David has a voice that's fresh and expressive, so it doesn't bode well that on what's only his second album, he's also an artist already reduced to...2002-11-22
Lead Performer: Craig David; Producer (group): Atlantic, Wildstar
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Killer Croc and the end of the Christopher Nolan era
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!