November sweeps had two of NBC’s most eligible bachelorettes sashaying down the aisle in ratings-boosting style. On Nov. 13, Ed’s Julie Bowen bowled over the residents of Stuckeyville in a gown ($2,700) by queen of bridal fashion Vera Wang. ”We based her style on a Grace Kelly look – very simple yet very elegant,” says costume designer John Glaser, who added a Ralph Lauren necklace and tucked a Swarovski crystal rose into the white bouquet. Will & Grace’s Debra Messing also Wanged it for her on-screen nuptials on Nov. 21 with a one-of-a-kind gown from the Luxe collection ($20,000). Costume designer Lori Eskowitz-Carter tossed in beaded Sergio Rossi boots ($1,750) and $200,000 worth of girls’ best friends from Martin Katz to make the fashion-conscious wedding belle positively Grace-ful.
Posted November 29 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bon Iver's Justin Vernon slams Beyoncé for Pepsi partnership
- Lin-Manuel Miranda sings 'Yoda' with Weird Al at New York concert
- 'CBS Sunday Morning': Jane Pauley will replace Charles Osgood
- Watch Kanye West's surprise performance with Chance the Rapper
- Patrick Stewart on doing drag for the first time in 'Blunt Talk'
- Marvel delayed 'Doctor Strange' release for Benedict Cumberbatch
- Kim Kardashian clarifies she'll vote Hillary over Trump