November sweeps had two of NBC’s most eligible bachelorettes sashaying down the aisle in ratings-boosting style. On Nov. 13, Ed’s Julie Bowen bowled over the residents of Stuckeyville in a gown ($2,700) by queen of bridal fashion Vera Wang. ”We based her style on a Grace Kelly look – very simple yet very elegant,” says costume designer John Glaser, who added a Ralph Lauren necklace and tucked a Swarovski crystal rose into the white bouquet. Will & Grace’s Debra Messing also Wanged it for her on-screen nuptials on Nov. 21 with a one-of-a-kind gown from the Luxe collection ($20,000). Costume designer Lori Eskowitz-Carter tossed in beaded Sergio Rossi boots ($1,750) and $200,000 worth of girls’ best friends from Martin Katz to make the fashion-conscious wedding belle positively Grace-ful.
Posted November 29 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother' single: Hear it here
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters