November sweeps had two of NBC’s most eligible bachelorettes sashaying down the aisle in ratings-boosting style. On Nov. 13, Ed’s Julie Bowen bowled over the residents of Stuckeyville in a gown ($2,700) by queen of bridal fashion Vera Wang. ”We based her style on a Grace Kelly look – very simple yet very elegant,” says costume designer John Glaser, who added a Ralph Lauren necklace and tucked a Swarovski crystal rose into the white bouquet. Will & Grace’s Debra Messing also Wanged it for her on-screen nuptials on Nov. 21 with a one-of-a-kind gown from the Luxe collection ($20,000). Costume designer Lori Eskowitz-Carter tossed in beaded Sergio Rossi boots ($1,750) and $200,000 worth of girls’ best friends from Martin Katz to make the fashion-conscious wedding belle positively Grace-ful.
Posted November 29 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Blake Lively's audition for 'Gossip Girl'
- Bob Dylan and IBM's Watson get tangled up in new ad
- Duplass brothers launch first-ever Oscar bid for transgender stars
- Larry Brezner, former manager of Robin Williams, dies at 73
- Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde on NPR: ‘Just don’t buy the f---ing book’
- New Line plots 'Met Gala Heist movie
- Sanaa Lathan to headline Fox event series about a police shooting