November sweeps had two of NBC’s most eligible bachelorettes sashaying down the aisle in ratings-boosting style. On Nov. 13, Ed’s Julie Bowen bowled over the residents of Stuckeyville in a gown ($2,700) by queen of bridal fashion Vera Wang. ”We based her style on a Grace Kelly look – very simple yet very elegant,” says costume designer John Glaser, who added a Ralph Lauren necklace and tucked a Swarovski crystal rose into the white bouquet. Will & Grace’s Debra Messing also Wanged it for her on-screen nuptials on Nov. 21 with a one-of-a-kind gown from the Luxe collection ($20,000). Costume designer Lori Eskowitz-Carter tossed in beaded Sergio Rossi boots ($1,750) and $200,000 worth of girls’ best friends from Martin Katz to make the fashion-conscious wedding belle positively Grace-ful.
Posted November 29 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations