Adapted from Ethan Canin’s short story ”The Palace Thief” and set in an all-boys prep school in 1972, this traditionally dressed, old-fashioned drama starring Kevin Kline is as much about the moral development of the adult as it is about his boys’. More so, maybe. Kline does a welcome, restrained job as a prof whose ambivalent relationship with his own successful father shades his teacherly relationship with a senator’s kid. Emile Hirsch makes an excellent son of privilege, and Harris Yulin channels the chutzpah of LBJ to steal scenes as a senator for whom ethics are frills for sissies.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Joel Gretsch, Emile Hirsch, Kevin Kline, Embeth Davidtz, Patrick Dempsey, Rob Morrow, Harris Yulin; Director: Michael Hoffman; Author: Neil Tolkin; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!