Adapted from Ethan Canin’s short story ”The Palace Thief” and set in an all-boys prep school in 1972, this traditionally dressed, old-fashioned drama starring Kevin Kline is as much about the moral development of the adult as it is about his boys’. More so, maybe. Kline does a welcome, restrained job as a prof whose ambivalent relationship with his own successful father shades his teacherly relationship with a senator’s kid. Emile Hirsch makes an excellent son of privilege, and Harris Yulin channels the chutzpah of LBJ to steal scenes as a senator for whom ethics are frills for sissies.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Joel Gretsch, Emile Hirsch, Kevin Kline, Embeth Davidtz, Patrick Dempsey, Rob Morrow, Harris Yulin; Director: Michael Hoffman; Author: Neil Tolkin; Release Date Limited: 11/22/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted December 6 2002 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!