Start with this: It’s not nearly as bad as you’ve heard. Which is to say that Eddie Murphy doesn’t kick puppies in Pluto Nash. Instead, this ill-conceived mess about a nightclub owner on the moon – which features, among other bits of futuristic ”hilarity,” horny robots, cloning jokes, and Hillary Clinton’s face on American currency – just drifts off into deep space like the tertiary piece of flotsam that it is.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Eddie Murphy, Alec Baldwin, Peter Boyle, Rosario Dawson, Illeana Douglas, Pam Grier, Jay Mohr, Joe Pantoliano, Randy Quaid; Director: Ron Underwood; Author: Neil Cuthbert; Producer (person): Eddie Murphy; Release Date Wide: 08/16/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Elmo sing 'Hamilton' with the show's George Washington
- See the final trailer for 'The Divergent Series: Allegiant'
- British indie band Viola Beach killed in Sweden car crash
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Maggie Smith take part in BAFTAs kiss cam
- 'Deadpool' and the biggest R-rated openings ever
- 'The Walking Dead' sends its love with zombified Valentine's Day cards
- 'The Revenant' wins top prizes at 2016 BAFTA Awards