Start with this: It’s not nearly as bad as you’ve heard. Which is to say that Eddie Murphy doesn’t kick puppies in Pluto Nash. Instead, this ill-conceived mess about a nightclub owner on the moon – which features, among other bits of futuristic ”hilarity,” horny robots, cloning jokes, and Hillary Clinton’s face on American currency – just drifts off into deep space like the tertiary piece of flotsam that it is.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Eddie Murphy, Alec Baldwin, Peter Boyle, Rosario Dawson, Illeana Douglas, Pam Grier, Jay Mohr, Joe Pantoliano, Randy Quaid; Director: Ron Underwood; Author: Neil Cuthbert; Producer (person): Eddie Murphy; Release Date Wide: 08/16/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- EW Must List: Michaela Watkins shines on Casual season 2
- Blindfolded kissing dating show announced
- That 'Mr. Robot' horror movie actually exists
- Zach Galifianakis is an un-smooth criminal in 'Masterminds' trailer
- Tegan and Sara host a lip sync battle in new 'Faint of Heart' video
- 'Harry Potter' parody play about Hufflepuffs conjures Off-Broadway run
- Notorious B.I.G. scripted series in development at TBS