Start with this: It’s not nearly as bad as you’ve heard. Which is to say that Eddie Murphy doesn’t kick puppies in Pluto Nash. Instead, this ill-conceived mess about a nightclub owner on the moon – which features, among other bits of futuristic ”hilarity,” horny robots, cloning jokes, and Hillary Clinton’s face on American currency – just drifts off into deep space like the tertiary piece of flotsam that it is.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Eddie Murphy, Alec Baldwin, Peter Boyle, Rosario Dawson, Illeana Douglas, Pam Grier, Jay Mohr, Joe Pantoliano, Randy Quaid; Director: Ron Underwood; Author: Neil Cuthbert; Producer (person): Eddie Murphy; Release Date Wide: 08/16/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!