Let’s hear it for the boys! Women’s fragrance ads have always shown lots of skin. But this year a slew of print ads for men’s scents – including Davidoff’s Cool Water and Calvin Klein’s Crave – have featured a girly mag’s worth of chiseled pecs and washboard abs to tout their goods. Ads for Yves St. Laurent’s M7 even went – gasp! – the full monty. (Alas, a PG version runs in more prudish publications.) The appeal? According to Hilary Dart, president of Calvin Klein Cosmetics, the Crave ad is for both sexes: ”[It’s] for the man who knows what he wants, how to get it – and when he’s got it, she’ll want him.”
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'