Let’s hear it for the boys! Women’s fragrance ads have always shown lots of skin. But this year a slew of print ads for men’s scents – including Davidoff’s Cool Water and Calvin Klein’s Crave – have featured a girly mag’s worth of chiseled pecs and washboard abs to tout their goods. Ads for Yves St. Laurent’s M7 even went – gasp! – the full monty. (Alas, a PG version runs in more prudish publications.) The appeal? According to Hilary Dart, president of Calvin Klein Cosmetics, the Crave ad is for both sexes: ”[It’s] for the man who knows what he wants, how to get it – and when he’s got it, she’ll want him.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Netflix orders season 2 of 'Bloodline'
- 'Room 237' team launches Kickstarter campaign for mysterious new project
- Nathan Fillion shares his love letter to 'Walking Dead'
- Kevin Hooks to direct Nelson Mandela mini-series for BET Networks
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!