Let’s hear it for the boys! Women’s fragrance ads have always shown lots of skin. But this year a slew of print ads for men’s scents – including Davidoff’s Cool Water and Calvin Klein’s Crave – have featured a girly mag’s worth of chiseled pecs and washboard abs to tout their goods. Ads for Yves St. Laurent’s M7 even went – gasp! – the full monty. (Alas, a PG version runs in more prudish publications.) The appeal? According to Hilary Dart, president of Calvin Klein Cosmetics, the Crave ad is for both sexes: ”[It’s] for the man who knows what he wants, how to get it – and when he’s got it, she’ll want him.”
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'