Let’s hear it for the boys! Women’s fragrance ads have always shown lots of skin. But this year a slew of print ads for men’s scents – including Davidoff’s Cool Water and Calvin Klein’s Crave – have featured a girly mag’s worth of chiseled pecs and washboard abs to tout their goods. Ads for Yves St. Laurent’s M7 even went – gasp! – the full monty. (Alas, a PG version runs in more prudish publications.) The appeal? According to Hilary Dart, president of Calvin Klein Cosmetics, the Crave ad is for both sexes: ”[It’s] for the man who knows what he wants, how to get it – and when he’s got it, she’ll want him.”
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!