Let’s hear it for the boys! Women’s fragrance ads have always shown lots of skin. But this year a slew of print ads for men’s scents – including Davidoff’s Cool Water and Calvin Klein’s Crave – have featured a girly mag’s worth of chiseled pecs and washboard abs to tout their goods. Ads for Yves St. Laurent’s M7 even went – gasp! – the full monty. (Alas, a PG version runs in more prudish publications.) The appeal? According to Hilary Dart, president of Calvin Klein Cosmetics, the Crave ad is for both sexes: ”[It’s] for the man who knows what he wants, how to get it – and when he’s got it, she’ll want him.”
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Finding Dory' plays hide-and-seek in four new posters
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See 'Arrow' star Colton Haynes on 'The Grinder'
- 'Final Fantasy IX' now available on mobile devices
- 'The Division' open beta coming to Xbox One, PS4, PC
- 'Star Trek' TV series signs Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- See Taylor Swift go behind the scenes of 'Out of the Woods' video
- See the new trailer for USA's female drug kingpin saga 'Queen of the South'