Let’s hear it for the boys! Women’s fragrance ads have always shown lots of skin. But this year a slew of print ads for men’s scents – including Davidoff’s Cool Water and Calvin Klein’s Crave – have featured a girly mag’s worth of chiseled pecs and washboard abs to tout their goods. Ads for Yves St. Laurent’s M7 even went – gasp! – the full monty. (Alas, a PG version runs in more prudish publications.) The appeal? According to Hilary Dart, president of Calvin Klein Cosmetics, the Crave ad is for both sexes: ”[It’s] for the man who knows what he wants, how to get it – and when he’s got it, she’ll want him.”
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- 'Tomorrowland' leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!