Laurence ”Morpheus” Fishburne adds ”The King of Cali” and ”Smoke” to his ever-burgeoning list of a.k.a.’s, here playing the many-monikered and never-defeated champ of the underground L.A. motorcycle-racing scene. That is, until a punk named Kid (”Antwone Fisher”’s Derek Luke) threatens to unseat him. ”It’s gonna surprise people to get a glimpse into this world of bikers and hip-hop,” says Fishburne. Even more surprising: Kid Rock acts!
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!