Laurence ”Morpheus” Fishburne adds ”The King of Cali” and ”Smoke” to his ever-burgeoning list of a.k.a.’s, here playing the many-monikered and never-defeated champ of the underground L.A. motorcycle-racing scene. That is, until a punk named Kid (”Antwone Fisher”’s Derek Luke) threatens to unseat him. ”It’s gonna surprise people to get a glimpse into this world of bikers and hip-hop,” says Fishburne. Even more surprising: Kid Rock acts!
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations