Laurence ”Morpheus” Fishburne adds ”The King of Cali” and ”Smoke” to his ever-burgeoning list of a.k.a.’s, here playing the many-monikered and never-defeated champ of the underground L.A. motorcycle-racing scene. That is, until a punk named Kid (”Antwone Fisher”’s Derek Luke) threatens to unseat him. ”It’s gonna surprise people to get a glimpse into this world of bikers and hip-hop,” says Fishburne. Even more surprising: Kid Rock acts!
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!