I always loved the Country Bear Jamboree show at Disney World. Maybe it’s just because I’m a sucker for old-school animatronics. Yet, after sitting through the big-screen adaptation, I now just feel like a sucker. The plot centers on the furry fellas’ reuniting to save their old concert hall from an evil banker (Walken), but the story moves so slowly and the production numbers are so inane, you’ll find it increasingly difficult to either grin or bear it.
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Haley Joel Osment, Brad Garrett, Don Henley, Elton John, Queen Latifah, Eli Marienthal, Willie Nelson, Stephen Tobolowsky, Christopher Walken; Director: Peter Hastings; Release Date Wide: 07/26/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kathie Lee Gifford's daughter is a scream in her horror debut
- YouTube star Michelle Phan to release a digital comic
- How rock and roll has lost its political edge
- 'Castle' taps 'The Neighbors' alum as new series regular
- Dark Horse Entertainment and Universal Cable Production ink first-look deal
- Justin Bieber's 'One Time': Six years of highs and lows later..
- Hannibal Buress bombs his 'Daily Show' audition
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!