I always loved the Country Bear Jamboree show at Disney World. Maybe it’s just because I’m a sucker for old-school animatronics. Yet, after sitting through the big-screen adaptation, I now just feel like a sucker. The plot centers on the furry fellas’ reuniting to save their old concert hall from an evil banker (Walken), but the story moves so slowly and the production numbers are so inane, you’ll find it increasingly difficult to either grin or bear it.
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Haley Joel Osment, Brad Garrett, Don Henley, Elton John, Queen Latifah, Eli Marienthal, Willie Nelson, Stephen Tobolowsky, Christopher Walken; Director: Peter Hastings; Release Date Wide: 07/26/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mel Gibson: 'Passion of the Christ' sequel would focus on the resurrection
- 'SNL': Simone Biles pleads for Final Five to host
- 'Greenleaf' finale: Star Merle Dandridge spills season secrets
- Chris Brown already has new song a day after his arrest
- Disney's Tower of Terror ride gets January checkout date
- Rep. John Lewis crowd surfs in 'Late Show' appearance
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall