Thanks to My Big Fat Greek Wedding, indie queen Nia Vardalos is consorting with an actual monarch. The actress was seated next to Queen Elizabeth at a recent dinner party in Winnipeg. ”We talked about everything from global warming to jewelry,” says Vardalos. ”She asked, ‘Do you really have this big fat Greek family?’ I said, ‘Well, I do have 27 first cousins.’ And she went, ‘Now, now. I have 23.”’ Vardalos recalls the queen dished about her own big fat royal family. ”She said, ‘You know, Philip is Greek, but he had to be de-Greeked in order for us to get married in my church – sorry about that.’ So I told her, ‘That’s all right. My husband [Felicity actor Ian Gomez] had to be Greeked. I figure we have a free trade agreement.”’
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters