Thanks to My Big Fat Greek Wedding, indie queen Nia Vardalos is consorting with an actual monarch. The actress was seated next to Queen Elizabeth at a recent dinner party in Winnipeg. ”We talked about everything from global warming to jewelry,” says Vardalos. ”She asked, ‘Do you really have this big fat Greek family?’ I said, ‘Well, I do have 27 first cousins.’ And she went, ‘Now, now. I have 23.”’ Vardalos recalls the queen dished about her own big fat royal family. ”She said, ‘You know, Philip is Greek, but he had to be de-Greeked in order for us to get married in my church – sorry about that.’ So I told her, ‘That’s all right. My husband [Felicity actor Ian Gomez] had to be Greeked. I figure we have a free trade agreement.”’
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel