Thanks to My Big Fat Greek Wedding, indie queen Nia Vardalos is consorting with an actual monarch. The actress was seated next to Queen Elizabeth at a recent dinner party in Winnipeg. ”We talked about everything from global warming to jewelry,” says Vardalos. ”She asked, ‘Do you really have this big fat Greek family?’ I said, ‘Well, I do have 27 first cousins.’ And she went, ‘Now, now. I have 23.”’ Vardalos recalls the queen dished about her own big fat royal family. ”She said, ‘You know, Philip is Greek, but he had to be de-Greeked in order for us to get married in my church – sorry about that.’ So I told her, ‘That’s all right. My husband [Felicity actor Ian Gomez] had to be Greeked. I figure we have a free trade agreement.”’
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996