In possession of a boundless enthusiasm for not only fashion but the fashionable life, Diana Vreeland starred in enough tales to fill a decade’s worth of September Vogues. Former editor of Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue, and, later, special consultant to the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Vreeland – who died in 1989 – was arguably the most colorful and influential fashion editor of our time. And whether it was Vreeland’s trademark bluntness (upon hearing of JFK’s assassination, she blurted, ”My God, Lady Bird in the White House. We can’t use her in the magazine”) or her terrorizing of wide-eyed assistants (one of whom was Ali MacGraw), Dwight scrupulously details ”what was fact, what was fiction and what was the faction in between.”
Diana Vreeland In possession of a boundless enthusiasm for not only fashion but the fashionable life, Diana Vreeland starred in enough tales to fill a decade's worth...Diana VreelandNonfiction, FictionEleanor Dwight In possession of a boundless enthusiasm for not only fashion but the fashionable life, Diana Vreeland starred in enough tales to fill a decade's worth...2003-01-03
Genre: Nonfiction, Fiction; Author: Eleanor Dwight
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- Joe Biden calls out Donald Trump's 'malarkey' in blistering speech
- Audra McDonald, Idina Menzel, Darren Criss, more sing at DNC
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels