In possession of a boundless enthusiasm for not only fashion but the fashionable life, Diana Vreeland starred in enough tales to fill a decade’s worth of September Vogues. Former editor of Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue, and, later, special consultant to the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Vreeland – who died in 1989 – was arguably the most colorful and influential fashion editor of our time. And whether it was Vreeland’s trademark bluntness (upon hearing of JFK’s assassination, she blurted, ”My God, Lady Bird in the White House. We can’t use her in the magazine”) or her terrorizing of wide-eyed assistants (one of whom was Ali MacGraw), Dwight scrupulously details ”what was fact, what was fiction and what was the faction in between.”
Diana Vreeland In possession of a boundless enthusiasm for not only fashion but the fashionable life, Diana Vreeland starred in enough tales to fill a decade's worth...Diana VreelandNonfiction, FictionEleanor Dwight In possession of a boundless enthusiasm for not only fashion but the fashionable life, Diana Vreeland starred in enough tales to fill a decade's worth...2003-01-03
Genre: Nonfiction, Fiction; Author: Eleanor Dwight
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Everything you should live stream from Lollapalooza this weekend
- How Ice Cube's son really got his breakout role in 'Straight Outta Compton'
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best comedic actor nominees
- Jason Bateman is suspicious of Joel Edgerton in exclusive clip of 'The Gift'
- 'X-Men' alum Famke Janssen joins 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Bottoms up! Here's your 'Bachelor in Paradise' drinking game
- New Dirk Gently TV show in the works from Chronicle writer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!