When the sinister Mr. Scheck (Sorvino) and his goons roll into town to destroy the animated gang’s happy home, Arnold and Gerald try to keep their hood safe from the horror that keeps most fourth graders awake at night – redevelopment and gentrification! With the help of an anonymous pal (dubbed Deep Voice), a sinfully silly script, and plenty of adolescent high jinks, Arnold and his friends rescue their neighborhood and this now-passe series. Nickelodeon may have missed the cartoon’s real momentum by a few years, but faithful fans of this endearing, enduring brand will surely be pleased.
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family; Starring: Spencer Klein, Dan Castellaneta, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Christopher Lloyd, Paul Sorvino; Director: Tuck Tucker; Author: Craig Bartlett, Steve Viksten; Release Date Wide: 06/28/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 76; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!