When the sinister Mr. Scheck (Sorvino) and his goons roll into town to destroy the animated gang’s happy home, Arnold and Gerald try to keep their hood safe from the horror that keeps most fourth graders awake at night – redevelopment and gentrification! With the help of an anonymous pal (dubbed Deep Voice), a sinfully silly script, and plenty of adolescent high jinks, Arnold and his friends rescue their neighborhood and this now-passe series. Nickelodeon may have missed the cartoon’s real momentum by a few years, but faithful fans of this endearing, enduring brand will surely be pleased.
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family; Starring: Spencer Klein, Dan Castellaneta, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Christopher Lloyd, Paul Sorvino; Director: Tuck Tucker; Author: Craig Bartlett, Steve Viksten; Release Date Wide: 06/28/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 76; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Creed': Watch the first trailer for the 'Rocky' spinoff
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!