Goofball Rob Schneider and exec producer Adam Sandler don’t pull any punchlines. In their comedy The Hot Chick, a security guard dubs a woman busted for shoplifting ”Winona.” Sandler initially cut the joke about the legal troubles of his Mr. Deeds costar, but was persuaded to put it back ”after she was found guilty,” says Chick’s Anna Faris. (Winona Ryder was convicted Nov. 6 on felony charges of grand theft and vandalism.) For his part, Schneider thinks he’ll pay for the jab: ”I may have to send her some cashmere after this.” Ryder’s not the only Hot Chick victim: In another scene, a teenage boy mistakes a predatory voice on the phone for one Father Mulcahy. ”There are, like, eight real Father Mulcahys in California, so [Touchstone’s legal department] said we had to change it,” explains Schneider. ”But I said, ‘It’s the priest from M*A*S*H. Leave us alone.”’
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Avatar' actor Stephen Lang wants to play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- 10 'Deadpool' jokes that didn't make the movie
- See Elmo sing 'Hamilton' with the show's George Washington
- See the final trailer for 'The Divergent Series: Allegiant'
- British indie band Viola Beach killed in Sweden car crash
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Maggie Smith take part in BAFTAs kiss cam
- 'Deadpool' and the biggest R-rated openings ever