Goofball Rob Schneider and exec producer Adam Sandler don’t pull any punchlines. In their comedy The Hot Chick, a security guard dubs a woman busted for shoplifting ”Winona.” Sandler initially cut the joke about the legal troubles of his Mr. Deeds costar, but was persuaded to put it back ”after she was found guilty,” says Chick’s Anna Faris. (Winona Ryder was convicted Nov. 6 on felony charges of grand theft and vandalism.) For his part, Schneider thinks he’ll pay for the jab: ”I may have to send her some cashmere after this.” Ryder’s not the only Hot Chick victim: In another scene, a teenage boy mistakes a predatory voice on the phone for one Father Mulcahy. ”There are, like, eight real Father Mulcahys in California, so [Touchstone’s legal department] said we had to change it,” explains Schneider. ”But I said, ‘It’s the priest from M*A*S*H. Leave us alone.”’
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?