Goofball Rob Schneider and exec producer Adam Sandler don’t pull any punchlines. In their comedy The Hot Chick, a security guard dubs a woman busted for shoplifting ”Winona.” Sandler initially cut the joke about the legal troubles of his Mr. Deeds costar, but was persuaded to put it back ”after she was found guilty,” says Chick’s Anna Faris. (Winona Ryder was convicted Nov. 6 on felony charges of grand theft and vandalism.) For his part, Schneider thinks he’ll pay for the jab: ”I may have to send her some cashmere after this.” Ryder’s not the only Hot Chick victim: In another scene, a teenage boy mistakes a predatory voice on the phone for one Father Mulcahy. ”There are, like, eight real Father Mulcahys in California, so [Touchstone’s legal department] said we had to change it,” explains Schneider. ”But I said, ‘It’s the priest from M*A*S*H. Leave us alone.”’
Posted January 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!